(From The 1/09/2021 Program) The Man that Killed the Hat was an article written by Megan Mclachlan. The Man? John F. Kennedy. The Time? The presidential inauguration in 1960. However the real reasons are arguably that:
1. Returning veterans from war were sick of wearing hats
2. Just normal decline in trend
3. Streamlining and better enclosure of autos after the 1940s made wearing a hat less of a necessity
4. The youth movement of the 1960s make rebelling against the styles of their parents (& grandparents)
5. People became less formal.
Bill & Wes talk about the hat’s comeback for outdoors people that are seeking protection from wind, cold, precipitation &/or the sun.
Jesse Brown’s has a great selection of fedoras, hats & the associates that will help fit you.