Segment 2, September 2nd, 2023
One of the rights of passage in saying goodbye to summer and hello to fall is Labor Day weekend. That Saturday each year is a part of the southern tradition of opening day of dove season. Many across the Carolinas & other states are gearing up for a noon time open in the dove field of their choice.
From the mothership & Filson dealer of Charlotte, Jesse Brown’s, Carolina Outdoor host Bill Bartee welcomes hunting & flyfishing contributor, James Buice, to share his memories of Opening Day of Dove season.
Some things Buice mentions:
- Make sure that you’re not hunting over a baited field
- Have your HIP permit with your hunting license
- Keep your gun muzzle in a safe direction
- Wear lightweight clothing to be comfortable
- Keep your harvested birds in a shady spot to keep them cool